Greetings 2 - Parallel Worlds

 


Hello! I'm down here! 

Since the pandemic started, I've felt like living in limbo, enclosed in my personal cocoon. I've watched the news, checked the daily figures, the increasing number of cases and deaths... but it all felt so far away, like I was watching Steven Soderbergh's Contagion. Then, this morning, I went for my usual walk and I saw it. 


Can you see them? Those strange curves in the mirror? 

They look like the glitch in the matrix. 

That's when I realized I had somehow crossed into a parallel world populated by weird and goofy creatures where things more or less go on as usual and the bad news arrive muffled, like the deep rumble of a distant thunder. 

Am I going mad?   

That's what I thought the first time I saw the Cow Train.


I was minding my business, following the usual path along the railway, when it came from behind, unannounced. 

When you live in a parallel world, like Alice's Wonderland on the other side of the mirror, even the dullest looking suburban street can hide something extraordinary.
Like Totoro's house, for instance. 




Every once in a while, I wait for a few minutes at the Neko Bus stop, but that lazy cat never shows his face. 

There are times when I look at the houses that are reflected on the river's surface and I wonder on which side of the mirror I'm now. 



Am I on the right side?

Is there a right side anyway?


Does it matter? 

As this crazy year is about to end, I look back at the last few months and only feel gratitude for being blessed with these surroundings. 

Life goes on, and whenever I see the Sheep Train (yes, we have sheep too) gliding on its single-track path, I know I'm on the bright side of life. 


Happy New Year. 

Comments

  1. San Gianni San, nice work. Cant wait to get back to japan in march.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I thought you were already in Japan. All the best to you and your family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts